#uf #nursing #school
Bachelor of Science in Nursing
Why Choose an Online RN to BSN Degree?
Deliver high-quality care to those who need it most. Now is the time to prepare for career advancement with the UF Online RN to BSN program.
College Nursing Degree Type Bachelor of Science in Nursing Diploma Title Bachelor of Science in Nursing Transcript Title Bachelor of Science in Nursing
Today’s ever-changing health care system values the sound leadership of nursing professionals. You can become one of these leaders when you earn your Bachelor of Science in Nursing from a program that is accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education. This program prepares graduates for professional positions in a variety of care settings with clients of all ages and diverse populations, and for advancement to a graduate degree program in nursing.
- Designed for working RNs
- Complete coursework 100% online
- Approved by the Florida Board of Nursing
- Accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE)
Now is the time to earn your BSN. With nearly 3 million nurses in the workforce today about 55% RNs hold a bachelor’s degree or higher. Your career is too important to fall behind, especially now, with so much opportunity on the horizon.
With a BSN from UF Online, you can:
- Put yourself on a path to advanced education and leadership roles.
- Provide leadership in the delivery of safe, high-quality health care.
- Apply information management, current evidence and technology to improve outcomes.
- Analyze processes through which health care policies are developed and changed.
- Influence professional nursing practice and health care systems.
- Implement wellness promotion and illness prevention strategies.
At this time, UF Online is only able to accept students who have an active, unencumbered Florida RN license. Please contact our online enrollment team for more information.
CAREER TRACKS AND OPPORTUNITIES
What professions will a BSN degree prepare me for?
The U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS) predicts that the RN occupation will grow nearly 20% through 2022. In addition, the BLS projects the need for 525,000 replacement nurses, bringing the total of job openings to 1.05 million through 2022. Now is the time to prepare for greater opportunity ahead.
- ICU Nurse
- Obstetric and Gynecological Nurse
- Hospice Nurse
- Surgical Nurse
- Pediatric Nurse
- Home Care Nurse
- Clinical Nurse Specialist
- School Nurse
- Nursing Home
Please visit the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics or Career One Stop for additional suggestions on further career pathways and opportunities.
What are the criteria for competitive transfer applicants?
Competitive upper division applicants (students with 60 or more college credits earned) are required to have:
- An associate’s degree in nursing from an accredited program
- A GPA of 2.8 or higher from an associate in nursing program
- Active, unencumbered Florida RN license
- Proof of enrollment in and/or completion of the following required prerequisite courses, (all with an earned grade of C or higher):
- A three credit Psychology, Social Psychology, or Sociology course
- A three credit Biology, Chemistry, or Physics course
- Anatomy Physiology One: 4 Credits (including a lab component)
- Anatomy Physiology Two: 4 Credits (including a lab component)
- Microbiology: 4 Credits (including a lab component)
- Statistics: 3 Credits
- Human Growth and Development OR Developmental Psychology: 3 Credits
- Human Nutrition: 3 Credits
Are there any clinical requirements for this degree?
The RN to BSN program is offered in an online format. However, two courses, Health Assessment and Public Health have clinical components. Clinical requirements for these two courses are met either with online activities or with activities that can be accomplished in the local community.
What is the application process?
The application process for the RN to BSN program is a two part application process. All applicants are required to complete the following:
Both applications must be submitted and completed by the term’s application deadline .
WHY CHOOSE UF ONLINE?
At the University of Florida, our passion goes beyond our walls — and so do our opportunities.
The UF Online RN to BSN degree program provides a flexible, affordable and practical pathway for licensed registered nurses in Florida to earn an advanced degree in the nursing field, taking their degrees to the next level. This fully online curriculum will provide you with the analytical and information-management skills to go further in your endeavors. With an elite UF degree, you will have the credentials to become an even greater leader in your field — delivering high-quality care to those who need it most.
Designed for students whose commitments make traditional campus attendance impractical, our online program stands at the forefront, providing flexible academic options with the same elite faculty and rigor that makes us a leading university and top research institution. We connect people with opportunities, remove barriers and set the standard for online higher education. UF Online graduates earn the same elite degree they would receive on campus, and they will be at the top of the list for the best employers in the country.